What is I.S.S.B test and what does it measure? Shaid Khan
ISSB (Inter Services Selection Board) test is conducted to ensure
that suitable man is selected for a job in Pakistani Armed forces
(Army, Navy and Air force). This test measures candidate’s fitness, decision making, leadership qualities, co-operative attitude, influencing and convincing abilities and your willingness to proceed in any stress situation.
Who is eligible to apply for this test?
Depending upon the armed force you are applying for, generally these forces have many same eligibility conditions but there are some educational qualification conditions which differ while applying for each force.
General Eligibility Conditions
Age Limit 16 to 22 years on commencement of training.
Nationality: Citizens of Pakistan. Candidates with dual nationality have to surrender their Foreign Nationality before joining the force.
Martial Status: Unmarried.
1. Twice rejected / screened out by ISSB.
2. Rejected by Armed Forces Appeal Medical Board .
3. Dismissed from any Government service or withdrawn from any service training institution on disciplinary grounds.
4. Convicted by a court of law for an offence involving moral turpitude.
5. The candidates whose original academic certificates are found tampered with.
6. The candidates who conceal any information while filling their application forms.
Educational Qualification for Pakistan Air Force
1. HSc/FSc (Pre-Medical / Pre-Eng) 45% marks in aggregate.
2. Senior Cambridge in five subjects, should have passed Physics and Mathematics or Biology in ‘A’ level.
3. Intermediate with Physics and any of the two subjects i.e. Mathematics, Statistics, Biology & Computer Science.
4. GCE ‘O’ level in five subjects. Should have Physics, Mathematics Biology in ‘A’ level.
Candidates who have appeared / are appearing in FSc final examination may also apply provided they submit a certificate from the Head of Institution that they are likely to pass FSc examination in the prescribed grade i.e. 45% aggregate marks (Pre-Engineering/Pre-Medical).
Educational Qualification for Pakistan Navy
The candidate must have obtained at least 60% marks in one of the following examination.
1. FSC (pre engineering) with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
2. Higher Cambridge School Certificate/GCE/(A level) with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
3. Diploma of Associate Engineers (with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry).
4. Candidate who has appeared in FSc (pre engineering) examination and has obtained at least 60% marks in Part-I and submitting hope certificate from Principal of the College concerned that the candidate is likely to obtain 60% marks in Part-II, is also eligible to apply.