Browse By

US’s Blatant Denial over Salala Incident Their Mistake

Official says US military not planning to discipline any of its forces over the November 26 Nato attack.
WASHINGTON: The US military is not planning to discipline any of its forces over a cross-border skirmish last year that left 24 Pakistani soldiers dead and plunged Washington-Islamabad ties to their lowest point in years, a US military official said on Saturday. A US military investigation last year had already exonerated American troops operating in Afghanistan from inappropriate use of force against the Pakistani forces – even as the US military acknowledged some of the blame in the incident. That concocted investigation concluded that American troops, given what information they had available to them at the time, acted in self-defense and with appropriate force after being fired on by the Pakistanis just across the border. The US military official, speaking to Reuters on condition of anonymity, did not offer further details about the subsequent decision not to discipline US forces. Pakistan shut off ground supply lines to the US-led Nato mission in Afghanistan on November 26 over the incident. The United States expressed regret for the loss of life, but the US military investigation blamed Pakistani soldiers for firing first at Natoforces as they prepared for a mission in the remote corner of eastern Afghanistan. Pakistan’s military roundly rejected the US findings, saying that apportioning any blame on Pakistani forces was “unjustified and unacceptable”. The deliberate provocation from US against Pakistan Army is the representation of their ill will against our Army who is the most proficient organized body of Pakistan.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *