Special Package of Pakistan Navy for Baloch Youngsters to become Officers
Islamabad – (APP) : The Pakistan Navy (PN) has introduced a special selection and recruitment package for the youngsters of Balochistan, aimed at giving them a fair chance to serve the nation along with the rest of the country’s youth.
- A naval selection and recruitment centre established at Gwadar is an extension of this package.
- Apart from recruiting in sailors’ cadre, a considerable induction is also being made in the officers’ category.
- The PN has also re-introduced the N-Cadet scheme in Balochistan, whereby students would be admitted in selected cadet colleges for a period of five years. Later, these students would be given an option to join the Pakistan Navy.
- An unprecedented concession package has also been introduced for the people of Balochistan, wherein officers would be inducted in Short Service Commission without undergoing the Inter-Services Selection Board.
- They would also be given special relaxation in the standard academic and age criteria.
- In Gwadar, Turbat, Pasni and Ormara, recruitment of Baloch youth is also being carried out through mobile selection teams.
- In efforts to promote education in Balochistan, the Pakistan Navy is extending free education facility to a large number of students through Bahria Model Schools at Gwadar and Ormara. In addition, various government schools are being run under the patronage of Pakistan Navy where provision of teachers, free books and furniture is ensured.
- A model school upto the intermediate level is also currently under construction at Ormara. Not only that but a mega project of constructing a cadet college at Ormara is also being undertaken.
- The Pakistan Navy has undertaken various projects for the welfare and progress of local populace in the province.