ISLAMABAD – The management of Geo and Jang group has made contact with Pakistan Army to settle the ‘dispute’ for which Geo Network facing the wrath from almost all walks of Pakistani society.
Journalist and anchorperson Arshad Sharif revealed while speaking at a talk show that the contact had been made by the Geo Network’s higher ups.
When asked Arshad Sharif said “According to my information the contact had been made by the networks higherups in Dubai. However, the representative of Pakistan Army General Asim Bajwa had made it clear that the force keeps no grudge against the group and wants the issue to be handled and solved according to the law.”
Major General Asim Bajwa is the Director General of Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), a mouth piece of Pakistan Army for the purpose of distribution of information.
Chronology of previous happenings
- Geo News broadcast the Qawwali followed by accusations of blasphemy.
- Prime Minister ordered to bloc Geo Network in Azad Kashmir for its ‘sin’.
- Huge protests against Geo Network throughout Pakistan on Friday.
- Cable operators of Pakistan switched off Geo Network as Jang and Geo’s reporters misbehaved with them at Karachi Press Club.
- Imran Khan appealed nation to boycott Geo Network and presented ‘concrete’ evidences against Mir Shakeelur Rehman.
- Different courts summoned the Geo Network’s authorities accepting the petition and cases filed by the concerned citizens.